Streetscape is one of the newest place to hang out in Cebu. It’s quite hidden from all the hustle of the city as it is located in Paseo Saturnino, Ma. Luisa Road, Banilad Cebu City. It’s not yet that crowded which really is a great option compared to other known places around Cebu. It has restaurants, bar, coffee shop, pharmacy, a fitness gym, spa and others. The place is not that huge but it has a wide area for parking. Sounds terrific right?
Our first visit in Streetscape is on the ECHOstore, an organic restaurant/cafe/grocery. I’ll be posting about it soon, but now let me tell you about our amazing experience when we tried the Wok’d, a Thai restaurant in Streetscape. It’s located between Gelatissimo and ECHOstore. (more…)
I know I’ve been so busy in the past few days and I keep on forgetting to prepare some posts that should be up in here. Well, let’s try to put the past behind and let me present to you my experiments for the month of August.
August has been good to me: I got transitioned to become a full time freelance, and I was able to experiment some more on the baking side: I baked cookies(2 recipe) and one chocolate cake, and some other cooking experiments.
Recipe for August
The following recipes are the ones that I’ve tried. They are from bloggers that I followed and from my own experience, these recipes do rocks! Some side notes are also added on each recipe, these are my own learning experience:
1. Chewy Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies – This recipe is originally from Amy’s Healthy Baking blog, which I followed recently. The recipe is superb and I love it because Amy do provide gorgeous pictures, substitute for recipe that you might not have and more. Also, a video of the baking process is also appended at the end. (more…)
I’ve never tried roasting until I got my own Turbo Broiler earlier this year. I have been experimenting with my turbo for quiet some time now and found a way to roast chicken, bake cake and cookies. Maybe the list is a little shorter now but I hope that it will definitely grow.
Today, I’ll let you on the lessons that I learned while experimenting how to roast in the turbo broiler:
- To get that golden roast, cover the chicken with butter.
- Turbo Time is 50 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add spices. They do make a difference.
For people visiting Cebu, one of the toughest things to do is choose where to explore. To be able to help you out, I’m going to post some of the wonderful places that you might be interested in exploring– starting with the Taoist Temple of Cebu.
Taoist Temple of Cebu is located at Beverly Hills Subdivision Cebu City. To go there, you can go to Lahug area and hire a motorcycle to bring you to the Temple. A better alternative is to hire a taxi. Many suggest that you should hire the taxi for the duration of your visit in the Temple because finding a taxi upon leaving is not that easy–location wise. With the advent of GrabTaxi, this is no longer a problem. Keep in mind that the Taoist temple is only open until 5:30 in the afternoon.
It has been a long time since I hit the gym, I maybe failing and falling behind schedule but I still want to go back there in the next few days. I’ll update you once I enter that place again. I promise. I planned to go to the gym today but I got my period late last night and due to the cramps I postponed the gym visit.
When my monthly visit do arrive, the few things that I do research online are the safe exercise that can be done and I found a lot of articles about it. Here’s the list of what exercise to do and what to avoid.
- Light Cardio. Try walking or light jog.
- Swimming. If you’re confident about not having a leak, this is a good idea. This is also a go for some who uses tampon but for me it might be a little bit awkward. Tampon use in the Philippines is not that common and I haven’t really tried it; though, I’m planning to use one in the near future to know it and its benefits.
- Stretching or Yoga. Stretching is really good for the cramp muscles.
- Do hydrate well. Due to our bleeding, we tend to lose more water also. So drink up a little more during these days.