I know I’ve been so busy in the past few days and I keep on forgetting to prepare some posts that should be up in here. Well, let’s try to put the past behind and let me present to you my experiments for the month of August.
August has been good to me: I got transitioned to become a full time freelance, and I was able to experiment some more on the baking side: I baked cookies(2 recipe) and one chocolate cake, and some other cooking experiments.
Recipe for August
The following recipes are the ones that I’ve tried. They are from bloggers that I followed and from my own experience, these recipes do rocks! Some side notes are also added on each recipe, these are my own learning experience:
1. Chewy Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies – This recipe is originally from Amy’s Healthy Baking blog, which I followed recently. The recipe is superb and I love it because Amy do provide gorgeous pictures, substitute for recipe that you might not have and more. Also, a video of the baking process is also appended at the end.
Personal notes: I am not a fan of raisins so I substituted the raisin with peanuts and added the same amount of peanuts. I am also baking in a turbo broiler, not the regular oven, and I found out that the best temperature and time to bake the cookies is at 150 degrees Celcius for 10-11 minutes.
2. Soft Chocolate Cookies – These chocolate cookies are really to die for! They are soft and chewy and are not too sweet. The balance between its bitterness and sweetness is really awesome! I found this recipe here.
Personal notes: I didn’t add any chocolate chip because I can’t find it in the nearest grocery and I don’t know where to order them. 🙁
3. Chocolate Cake – I never tried baking cake because I didn’t have a chance to get an oven until recently. I’m also a little bit not sure if my skills in baking is sufficient enough to make it through. Then, I found Jenny Can Cook blog and I found her very simple one bowl chocolate cake recipe. Additional plus side, it’s butter-less. Totally healthy!
Personal notes: Since I am cooking in the turbo broiler, the middle of the cake do raise a little bit and it doesn’t look good when done but on the taste quality, this cake is a rockstar!
4. Baked Potatoes – Recipe 30 blog is a great blog if you are more of a visual type of person. The author has videos with citations as to what he is currently adding and how much of it he needs. It’s a great tutorial. I followed his twice baked potatoes and they are really great!
Personal notes: I didn’t have cheddar cheese that time I tried this one and I used parmesan instead. Also, I skipped the bacon and cream cheese. I added cooked onion on olive oil and some chili for a twist.
5. Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – This recipe is from Recipe 30’s blog too. This is awesome and the plus side is that it’s easy to make!
Personal notes: I thought full cream milk is the same as cream! I’ve never been so wrong in my life but still, the cream version of this recipe is still good!
That’s all from me. How was your August? Share some thoughts.
Hi there September! And if you want to be updated on my experiments, follow this blog by filling the form below! Have a nice weekend!