It has been a long time since I hit the gym, I maybe failing and falling behind schedule but I still want to go back there in the next few days. I’ll update you once I enter that place again. I promise. I planned to go to the gym today but I got my period late last night and due to the cramps I postponed the gym visit.
When my monthly visit do arrive, the few things that I do research online are the safe exercise that can be done and I found a lot of articles about it. Here’s the list of what exercise to do and what to avoid.
- Light Cardio. Try walking or light jog.
- Swimming. If you’re confident about not having a leak, this is a good idea. This is also a go for some who uses tampon but for me it might be a little bit awkward. Tampon use in the Philippines is not that common and I haven’t really tried it; though, I’m planning to use one in the near future to know it and its benefits.
- Stretching or Yoga. Stretching is really good for the cramp muscles.
- Do hydrate well. Due to our bleeding, we tend to lose more water also. So drink up a little more during these days.
- Don’t do heavy workout. During these days, our hormones aren’t that balance that we are quick to change mood, and some do tire easily. Don’t push yourself too much as it may tip your already upset hormones.
- In yoga, avoid head stand and the like pose as it might cause more bleeding and more cramps.
There is no science to support the no work-out during period but if you’re not really in the mood to do it because of the uneasiness and the cramps, just skip it. If you’re willing to walk and get out of bed during this ordeal, try to do some light workout.
I hope this helps! See you around!