This 2015, I signed up at the gym and started researching on the benefits of good and responsible drinking. I’m slowly loving tea and I definitely fell in love with Smoothies. My curiosity on how to make one started when Sugarplum and I went to a date at Brique, a restaurant here in Cebu, and discovered that they are serving smoothies. I tried one and my taste buds were bursting with happiness. I decided to search the internet on how to make one and found that smoothie making is a very simple thing to do. It can be done by anyone who have the courage to face the blender.
The tips that I found very useful during my experiments are the following:
- Start with the liquid and the leafy one.
- Blend them in the lowest level that your blender can go.
- When its blended well, add the other ingredients.
Starting with the liquid as the base of your smoothie is an important note to remember. It will help in attaining a very fine smoothie and it’s less stressful to you and your blender. You don’t want to turn on and off your blender because the big chunks of apple or banana is stuck with the blade. That’s stressful.
I loved all the smoothie that I’ve made and this particular one is my favorite– the banana lettuce smoothie. It’s made with bananas, lettuce and milk. I also added a dash of cinnamon to give its taste a little twist.
Here’s a tasty recipe for this one! Enjoy! I’ll be posting the other recipe soon! Stay tuned!
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 5 - 8 leaves of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup of Fresh milk
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Add fresh milk and the lettuce in the blender.
- Blend in the lowest level for 30 seconds.
- When the leaves are fine enough, add the sliced bananas.
- Blend for 30 seconds in the lowest level.
- Increase the level and blend for 15 seconds.
- Transfer to Smoothie glass and add a dash of cinnamon.