Who doesn’t love Cheese or Potatoes? I’m not really a fanatic of french fries before until I discovered that it works best when you add Cheese into it. Recently, I’ve been also blog hopping and found that you can actually bake and do whatever you like to the potatoes. Sounds yummy? Definitely.
To try it myself, I decided to prep a dinner with some baked potatoes and giving it a bit of a twist by stuffing it with a combination of spices and cheese. The result is a heavenly blend of the spices with the potato and a twist of goodness from the cheese.
During the preparation time, I’ve learned that I should really be patient when cooking. I didn’t wait for the potatoes to totally cool off after baking them for 10 to 15 minutes. This is actually not good since I got a minor blister on my palm. As an improvement, I think it would be best to just boil the potatoes and bake the outer part for a better cooking.
Here’s my recipe on the Baked Cheese Stuffed Potatoes. Enjoy and share!
- 2 medium/large Potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cheese, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small chunk of butter
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Baked the Halved Potatoes for 10 - 15 minutes until the outer parts starts turning golden brown. (This can substituted by boiling the halved potatoes and baking the outer part only)
- Let the potatoes cool off.
- When the potatoes are cold enough, start scooping the potatoes. Leaving a thin layer of skin that will act as the holder of the baked cheese stuffed potatoes.
- Heat the pan.
- Add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onion.
- When the onions are turning semi-transparent, add the cheese and bell pepper.
- Add the scooped potatoes and mix.
- Add basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat.
- Scoop a generous amount of the mix to the potato holder.
- Add a little bit of pepper on the top.
- Do the same to the four holders.
- Arrange the four potatoes on the baking pan.
- Bake the potatoes for five minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!
- Instead of baking the potatoes, try boiling them to make sure that the potatoes are well done.
- Add more spices for a better taste. Enjoy!