I love peanuts! I’ve been (hoarding) buying a lot of peanuts recently and found that some of them are just skinless but are not cooked thoroughly; though, I think some people prefer their peanuts to be a little bit raw. It’s not for me, I cringe a little bit when tasting raw peanut, I’m not sure why but that’s just it.
I didn’t throw away my raw peanuts; rather, it opened an opportunity for me to do a little bit of experiment on roasted peanut.
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Heat the pan in medium heat.
- Add garlic.
- Let the garlic sizzle until it turns to golden brown.
- Add peanuts.
- Cook the peanuts with occasional stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add dried chili, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Let the flavor seeps in by stirring them for another 1 minute.
- Turn the heat off and let it cool.
- Add more salt if you prefer it to be a little salty.