I’ll be posting some cooking stuffs around here since I am an avid fan of the kitchen. Yep, I truly do love experimenting and trying to make some delicious food out of the things that can be found locally. I am not a chef or some sort of cooking guru with culinary certificate; rather, what I have is some sort of an immense experience in the kitchen. Fueled by my curiosity on how to do cooking, I started out helping my mom at the kitchen, my cousins with some sort of “accident” and finally, I was allowed to do it on my own.
To be able to keep track of what I already tried and maybe remember the recipe, I’ll be updating this blog with recipes. Here’s one of my all time favorite– Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta.
- 500 Grams Spaghetti pasta
- 400 ML fresh Milk
- Onion (minced)
- Garlic (minced)
- butter or cooking oil
- McCormick Carbonara Mix
- 200 Grams Bacon
- Cook the Spaghetti pasta according to the label instruction. The usual instruction would be to boil 5 Liters of water then add salt and oil. Then cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes. I recommend that you cook the pasta around 10 minutes to do away with the pasta being overcooked. Then drain it and wash the pasta over running water, this is to make sure that the pasta’s cooking time is over. Toss in some butter and mix the pasta. Set aside.
- Cook bacon strips until they turn golden brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mixed carbonara mix and milk. The amount of milk depends on one’s preference. I recommend around 400 mL of milk per 500 Grams of pasta to make it not too creamy. Set aside.
- In another pan, melt butter (or add cooking oil). Butter should be melted on low fire.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Add bacon.
- Add the mixed Carbonara mix and milk.
- I recommend adding a little bit of salt and pepper to make it tastier.
- While stirring constantly bring the mixture to a boil in low heat.
- Add cheese.
- Add pasta.
Voila! You now have a Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta. Enjoy!
What about your own Carbonara ingredients? What do you like cooking? Share. Share.